Top 5 things to do over Labor Day weekend in Bend, Oregon!
Make an escape to Bend, Oregon this Labor Day and stay at the Riverhouse Hotel! Summer in Bend, Oregon is always jam packed with activities and things to do. Labor Day, is no exception. Make the Riverhouse Hotel your home base for those Labor Day activities and make a weekend out of it!
1) Mt. Bachelor will end summer lift operations on September 2. This will be your last chance before ski season to head up and have lunch or a beer on the Pine Marten Lodge deck. The chair lift rides begins at the West Village and takes passengers up to Pine Marten Lodge to take in the sights of the Three Sisters peaks, Broken Top and Cascade Lakes.
2) Want to raft the Deschutes AND taste some beer? You're in luck! Thursday, August 29 Sun Country Tours will feature the final Big Eddy Thriller and Craft Beer Tasting featuring Boneyard Beer. To reserve a spot on this trip, visit their website for more details.
3) The Little Wood Barrel Aged Beer and Whiskey Festival returns on August 30 and 31. Local brewers turn to historic techniques in order to add depth of flavor to their brews. The Little Woody celebrates this ancient brewing technique as adapted by American craft brewers, featuring beers aged in wine barrels, whiskey barrels and oak barrels, which uniquely flavors and intensifies the beer. The event takes place on the lawn at the Deschutes Historical Society Museum. You have to be 21 or older to participate.
4) Join Bend locals for an annual summer Friday night tradition on August 30! Munch and Movies takes place in Northwest Crossing and includes music, food, kid fun and a family-friendly flick on the big screen. Bring a jacket and a blanket or low-profile chair and enjoy The Life of Pi! Movies begin at dusk. Visit C3 Event's website for more information.
5) Indie rock fans rejoice. MGMT is stopping in Bend, Oregon at the Les Schwab Amphitheater on August 31. MGMT plays a distinct blend of electronic rock and psychedelic pop offering up a collection of seventies psychedelic sensibility and eighties new wave cool.
Other ways to spend your vacation in Bend, Oregon
- Take in a round of golf at River’s Edge Golf Course
- Hungry? Enjoy a meal on our Deschutes River deck at Crossings. We’ll have half-priced appetizers from 4-6 pm along with beers representing all of Bend’s microbrews
- Stand up Paddle board or kayak the Deschutes River. Tumalo Kayak and Canoe and Sun Country Tours offer rentals in the Old Mill District
- Take a rafting trip. For more information, contact Sun Country Tours
- Book an adventure tour with Wanderlust Tours
- Hike an urban trail inside the city limits of Bend
- Hit up the Bend Ale Trail and try several of Central Oregon’s breweries.
There are plenty of other ways to have a great vacation in Bend, Oregon. What are we missing? What are your favorite things to do in Bend, Oregon?
The Riverhouse is offering Hot Deal Hotel rates on and around August 31 through September 2 2013 in Bend, Oregon. Save up to 25% off while supplies last.* Rates are reflection on our reservation website. Call us at (866) 452-6883 or make a reservation online.
*Prices subject to change. Based on availability. Some restrictions apply. Rates are already reflected on the reservation website.