Indoor activities in Oregon offer great entertainment
Central Oregon is known for being an outdoor playground in every season, but when the temperature drops, it's also nice to find fun, indoor activities in Oregon for the whole family.
Here are some Riverhouse on the Deschutes staff’s favorites:
- Take a step back into time at the High Desert Museum and get in a history lesson about Central Oregon. The museum features living-history demonstrations and educational exhibits for the whole family. Along with period pieces, learn about the habitat that supports eagles, deer, hawks and owls and get up close with a bobcat, a lynx, a badger, otters and a porcupine.
- Take in a movie. The Old Mill to Regal Cinemas features an IMAX Movie screen. If smaller theaters are more your style try McMenniams movies or Tin Pan Theater, both are located downtown.
- Spend the day on the Bend Ale Trail. Over a couple of days, try all of Bend's local breweries and take home a cool Silipint. Each night upon returning to Riverhouse on the Deschutes, head down to CURRENTS, where there is a great selection of brews are on tap.
- When there is rain or snow, kids love Bouncing Off The Walls and the Big Play Thing at Cascade Indoor Sports. Check its website for hours of operation.
- If bowling and arcade games are a passion, take the family across the street to Sun Mountain Fun Center for bowling, arcade games, go carts and other fun games.
- Technically, this activity is outdoors, but it's well worth mentioning: Head underground with a Wanderlust Tours Cave Tour. Guides will take visitors to natural lava tubes and caves without artificial lighting, paved pathways or parking lots (and they're not talking about the Lava River Cave on Highway 97).
If you’re heading to Bend to enjoy great indoors activities in Oregon, make Riverhouse on the Deschutes the base camp for all the fun. Visit the hotel’s hot deals page for room-rate discounts.