Recreation & Activities in Bend
Explore all of the events and activities that are available in Bend, while staying at Riverhouse on the Deschutes.
On-site recreation includes indoor and outdoor heated pools and hot tubs, fitness center/exercise room, walking trails, billiard table, shuffleboard and fishing. Also nearby is whitewater rafting, hiking, retail shopping plus factory outlet stores, Mt. Bachelor Nordic and alpine skiing, snowmobiles, and the High Desert Museum, just to name a few!
Activities within walking distance of Riverhouse on the Deschutes:
- Bend River Promenade, with many boutiques and stores
- Sun Mountain Fun Center, which includes: video arcade, bowling, miniature golf, and go-carts
- Various local restaurants
- Downtown and the Old Mill District is a 10 minutes away
Recommended activities while in Bend:
- Take a rafting trip with Sun Country Tours. If you're 21 and older, the company also offers Raft ‘n’ Brew, featuring local breweries
- Browse the adventures offered by Wanderlust Tours for summer and winter
- Visit the local breweries on the Bend Ale Trail
- Mountain bike around Bend and Central Oregon
- Rent a stand-up paddleboard through Sun Country Tours or Tumalo Creek Kayak & Canoe
- Explore Lake Billy Chinook or Prineville Reservoir for the day by renting boats or jet skis
- Go hiking around Bend
- Float the Deschutes River from the Old Mill to Drake Park
- In the summer, ride the chair lifts to the summit of Mt. Bachelor for lunch or dinner
- Visit the High Desert Museum
- Explore the Lava Tube Caves
- Visit Newberry Crater National Monument;
- Visit Crater Lake National Park
- Catch a concert at Les Schwab Amphitheater
- Dog-friendly walks and hikes
- Take a guided fly-fishing trip or fly-fishing lessons with River Borne Outfitters.
Riverhouse on the Deschutes’s front desk staff is knowledgeable about things to do in Bend, Oregon. Just ask and they can help you plan your vacation and what to do in Bend, Oregon.